In order to produce a pdf your Word Document needs to be sized correctly.
- We’ve made things easy by providing you with a pre-set MS Word template based on your chosen book size.
- All you need to do is copy and paste your content into our template, format it as you want it to look, and then upload it to PublishVelocity.
- You can access the relevant template by downloading it from your book’s Title Dashboard on our site, immediately after completing your book setup.
- Alternatively, the more intrepid / tech-savvy user can resize a Word Document manually using the instructions and reference table below:
Instructions to resize your manuscript:
- Open your Word Document.
- Click on ‘PAGE LAYOUT’ in the top menu bar.
- Click ‘Size’ in the drop down menu.
- Click on ‘More Paper Sizes’ at the bottom of the drop down list.
- Enter the bleed size (from the right hand column below) in centimetres that matches your Manuscript’s Trim Size, which is the size you have chosen for your book.
- Double check that you have entered the lower measurement next to width and the higher measurement next to height.
- Check that the default is set to Apply to ‘Whole Document’.
- Click ‘OK’ which appears at the bottom of the window.
Check your sizes below:
|Manuscript Trim Size /mm||Manuscript Bleed Size /cm|